Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Isn't it sad...? How life moves along so quickly...and we don't even realize it.

To steal one of my dear friend's sayings, "Day by day, nothing seems to change. But when you look back, everything's different."

And another one, this time from a different friend. "There's a little truth behind every 'just kidding', a little curiosity behind every 'just wondering,' a little knowledge behind every 'I don't know', and a little emotion behind every 'I don't care'."

All right. I guess I'm just feeling totally mellow or something today. I just finished reading the book series The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, by Anne Brashares, and it just reminds me a little of my own friends. We all 'are' one sister, in a way. Mind you, I'm mostly talking about charecter here, not background (although that does come into it at some points.)

For those of you who have read it, my BFFFFFFFFF in the whole entire world, Brittany, is Bridget, from the story. Wild, outgoing, and without a mommy to live her, she is the one that we all try to look after.

Adriana would probably be...Tibby. Minus the swearing. She is smart, pratical, but she will occasionally do the daring for the sake of us, her friends.

Tiffany would probably be Carmen. The biggest difference there would be that Tiffany is not really self-destructing. She's the one who shoves me off my butt and gets me to do things out of my house.

And I guess that me, Emily, would be Lena. Although, I can't draw worth crap, I try to do other things with any talent I might have.

Peace out

-Em